- Executive Directors
- Exploitation Directors
- Financial Directors
- Executive Officers
Why follow this training?
The Water for All Chair offers thematic specialized sessions.
- They bring together industry experts and are open to any water and sanitation professional.
- Come and learn about the operational management of your unit and the operating processes, acquire new practices and new tools.
- Innovate and upgrade your knowledge in the perspective of the evolution of your career.
- Restructure your teams and equip your employees with new practices and organizations to support the reform of the sector.
- Lead your drinking water or sanitation service towards excellence in continuity, quality, sustainability and accessibility.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MODULE
This module addresses all the dimensions of water services related to:
- contractual arrangements
- management methods, pricing methods
- performance appraisal in general
Micro-finance is also studied. Know and control the costs of services (operation, maintenance, renewal and extension of assets). Confront these costs with the pricing of services, and deduce the desirable evolutions.
- Understand what a water or sanitation service costs through depreciation of infrastructure, maintenance and management of users.
- Learn to forecast the costs of a new project by identifying the savings to be made and the new charges to be financed.
- Learn the different pricing methods, their advantages and limitations.
- Learn to simulate revenue from a rates list.
- Know how to propose rate changes with their financial impact.
- Know how to account for service income and expenses.
- Understand the relationship between balance sheet accounts and cash-flow in a water or sanitation service.
- Reconstitution of the costs of a model water and sanitation service.
Working in small groups on 3 or 4 examples of well-known utilities managed by the trainees: Simulation of investment and operating costs.
- Comparison of revenues from these utilities.
- Presentation of commonly used rate methods: advantages and limitations.
- Rate simulation based on the histograms for consumption by time slot.
- Financial simulation in small groups on known projects for each of the utilities studied.
- Analysis of their feasibility, long-term planning and consequences on rates.
- Understanding the concept of depreciation of investments, its impact on the accounts and on cash flow.
- Knowing how to calculate the financial and accounting impact of a utility project.
- Knowing the major cost ratios and prioritization of financial impacts.
- Calculating the real impact of rate changes for each user and utility revenues over and above social or political issues.
Hotel Héliotel **
Close to AgroParisTech school.
Appart’Hôtel Odalys City Les Occitanes ****
In the city center next to the railway station.
AgroParisTech has a special rate of 70 euros per night (additional fees tourist tax 1.65 euros/night)
More accommodation options