Regulation training program
Be able to propose an institutional and regulatory framework adapted to your water and/or sanitation service
The AgroParisTech Chair “SUEZ – General Management of Urban Water and Sanitation Services” through its SPECIALIZED MASTAR “Water for All” – OpT offers short courses composed of 16 modules.
Their duration varies from 1 to 4 days.
They can be grouped by Thematic Unit such as Service Economics/Customers and Operations/Governance and Institutional or Innovations.
NEW in 2023: a training course 100% dedicated to sanitation!
These short courses applied to the world of water and sanitation will enable you to acquire more knowledge and know-how on subjects specific to your water and/or sanitation utility, or to the sector in the broadest sense.
They are given in French or in English.
The teaching is done by professionals with at least 10 years of international experience in the field.
Customized training courses (water/sanitation/management) can be offered upon request. These can take place in France or abroad or in your company.
- Executive Directors
- Head of services
- Operational Directors
- Financial Directors
- Executive Officers
- Project managers
The AgroParisTech – SUEZ Chair offers specific training courses dedicated to urban water and wastewater services. They bring together experts in the sector and are open to all professionals in these services.
Come and learn about the many concepts and notions related to the regulation of a service or a city in terms of price and quality of service to residents.
Understand the concept of regulation of your service including economic and environmental regulation
Appropriate notions of pro-poor regulation
Understand the tools for regulating prices and quality of service
Understand the concept of regulation of water and sanitation services, including economic and environmental regulation of the service.
Analyze the main institutional models for regulating water and sanitation services Understand the tools for regulating prices and service quality
Learn about pro-poor regulation concepts
Enable participants to analyze their own service regulation systems
Content of the training program
- Presentation of the concept of regulation of water and sanitation services, including the economic and environmental regulation of the service
- Principles of “good regulation”
- Presentation of the main institutional models for the regulation of water and sanitation services, based on the presentation of examples
- Presentation of the main forms of contractualization of water and sanitation services
- Analysis by the participants of their systems of economic and environmental regulation of water and sanitation services
- Restitution of institutional analyses and discussion in plenary on how to improve the functioning of regulation in their respective countries in order to achieve the objectives of improving and expanding the service.
- Price regulation tools
- Tools for regulating quality aspects, including environmental regulation
- Discussion with the participants on the application of these tools in their respective countries
- Presentation on adapting regulation to the needs of the poorest users
- Discussion with the participants on the challenges posed by regulation to the poorest in their respective countries and detailed analysis of some examples
- Be able to propose an institutional framework and regulations adapted to the service.
- To have the necessary tools to move the different actors to bring about this change.
Hotel Héliotel **
Close to AgroParisTech Montpellier center
Appart’Hôtel Odalys City Les Occitanes ****
- Close to Montpellier St Roch railway station in the city center
- AgroParisTech has a special rate 70 euros/per night (excluding breakfast and city taxes)
For more accommodations