ADVANCED MASTER “Water for All” – OpT
To diagnose its service, develop its strategy and implement your achievements at the heart of your service and in the field
This SPECIALIZED MASTER created in 2009 under the name of ADVANCED MASTER “Water for All” – OpT is one of the components of the AgroParisTech “SUEZ – General Management of Urban Water and Sanitation Services”.
It is aimed at Managers, high-potential executives as well as Operational or Functional Directors of urban water and/or sanitation utilities of public, private or mixed status who have been working in their department for at least 5 years..
It is also intended for any experienced professional presented by his company, its management or its supervisory authority.
It is accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Écoles (CGE) of Paris and is certified in the National Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP) European level 7 NSF Code 341.
It is taught in French or English.
The objective of this ADVANCED MASTER is to reinforce skills, progress in their function and prepare trained managers for management functions.
This objective is achieved through the development of a strategic action plan within their scope of service.
Please download our brochure
The SPECIALIZED MASTER “Water for All” – OpT is a unique training course that aims to strengthen your skills as managers of urban drinking water and sanitation services in developing or emerging countries to help you become future leaders of transformation in your company.
The training is organized to lead you towards the three following dimensions:
- Development of your managerial knowledge
- Development of your sector knowledge
- Personal transformation to become a change leader
You will have the ability to take on the dual responsibility, both strategic and operational, necessary to successfully run your department and your teams.
You will be able to :
- Ensure the definition of the strategy for your department in the short, medium and long term
- Supervise and manage the organizational, technical, human and financial means to achieve the assigned objectives
- Carry out communication and representation actions with key players in the socio-economic environment
- Conduct fundraising policy and negotiations with key financial partners
- Contribute to the definition and monitoring of the implementation of national policies on drinking water supply and sanitation at the national level and specifically in urban centres.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the institutional and regulatory system of the sector, including private and public operators.
The manager is trained to propose and carry out the change management as soon as he returns to the company. In a management position, he or she implements his or her knowledge at the heart of his or her department and in the field to apply and share it with the teams in place.
At the end of the training he will be able to :
- make a diagnosis of the situation of the different departments
- develop strategies in conjunction with the various Operations Managers to improve the technical, social and financial situation
- apply sustainable management methods
- define and begin to initiate the dynamics of reforms at the level of its department or even of the company
The training is provided by our expert lecturers, high-profiles speakers and academic partners in the South with at least 10 years of international experience in the field in Africa or Asia.
The SPECIALIZED MASTER “Water for All” – OpT is currently working with 2 new academic partners in the South
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology from Kumasi in Ghana
Al-Jazari Water Academy in the Punjab province in Pakistan
“This training is very interesting, very different from what we know academically. It’s a very pragmatic master’s degree… allowing me to learn from experiences in other countries.”
Manager and Senior Engineer-NWSC-Kampala (UGANDA)
The chair can help you to find funding for your training grant (22,000 euros) or your life grant (12,000 euros).
Joint approaches can be made to the financial sponsors who work with your company.