A Cookie is a text file that may be saved in a terminal when consulting a Service with a browser software, via the Site. A Cookie enables its sender, during its period of validity, to recognize the terminal concerned each time this terminal accesses digital content containing Cookies from the same sender, and, depending on the Cookie, to collect additional anonymous information on the User’s behaviour within the Services.
The User is informed that, when connecting to the Site and using the Services, Cookies are installed on his receiving terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) for the proper functioning of the Services, or on his browser.
What are the purposes of Cookies?
a. Browser Cookies
Browser Cookies are used to improve the performance of the Services in order to provide the User with a better use of the Site and the Applications. These Cookies do not require the User’s prior consent to be deposited on the User’s terminal. More specifically, these browsing Cookies allow in particular :
– to establish statistics and volumes of frequentation and use of the various elements composing the Site (sections and contents visited, paths), allowing us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
– to adapt the presentation of the Site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our Site, depending on the hardware and the viewing or reading software that your terminal contains;
– to implement security measures, for example, when you are asked to reconnect to a content or service after a certain period of time.
b. Cookies for behavioural analysis or audience measurement
Cookies for behavioural analysis or audience measurement allow statistical measurements to be made of Users’ browsing data, to measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, as well as the User’s activity on the Site and the frequency of return visits. These Cookies also make it possible to identify which information on the Site could be of most interest to the User, in order to adapt the Site to the User, to help improve his or her navigation, as well as the relevance of the messages that are likely to be sent to him or her if the User has previously accepted the possibility of doing so.
The Google Analytics service makes it possible to count visitors and identify how they use the Site. These Cookies are deposited and read on the User’s terminal equipment and as soon as the User accesses a Website using the “Google Analytics” service.
The data generated by these Cookies concern :
– your use of the Sites;
– your IP address in order to determine the city of connection. This data is immediately anonymized after location and is not communicated to the Editor.
You can obtain more information about the Google Analytics service by visiting http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
c. Third Party Social Network Sharing Cookies
The APT-SUEZ Chair may rely on certain services offered by third party sites. These include, in particular, the Twitter share button, LinkedIn, tweets lists (Twitter), videos posted on the Website (YouTube). These functionalities use third-party Cookies directly deposited by these services and allowing to share editorial content and any type of content published on the Site through social networks. Social network Cookies are managed by the publisher of the social network site. The User is invited to take note of the policy of management of the Cookies of social networks on the sites concerned.
d. The “Flash”© Cookies from “Adobe Flash Player”™:
“Adobe Flash Player”™ is a computer application that allows the rapid development of dynamic content using the “Flash” computer language. Flash (and similar applications) stores the settings, preferences and usage of such content using technology similar to Cookies. However, the “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages this information and the User’s choices via an interface different from that provided by his or her browser software. Insofar as the User’s terminal is likely to view content developed with Flash language, the User may access its Flash Cookie management tools directly from the http://www.adobe.com/fr/ website.
How can the User manage Cookies?
a. The Cookie Agreement
The User may agree to :
– the deposit of “Cookieconsent_status”, “suez-gdpr-preferences” and “SC_Analytics_Global_Cookie” Cookies by clicking on the “OK” button appearing on the information banner visible at the bottom of the Site during his first connection to the Site;
– the deposit of “ASP.net_Sessionld”, “TS01cb58f2” and “suez#lang” Cookies by continuing to browse the Site, i.e. when the User has clicked on an element of the Site (image, link, etc.) or has gone to another page of the Site;
– the deposit of “xxxx_QUERY” Cookies when performing a search, i.e. when the User uses the search engine or if he activates or deactivates the filters in the pages that offer them (e.g. publications, press releases, etc.).
If the User accepts via his browser software the recording of Cookies in his terminal, the Cookies integrated in the pages and contents that he has consulted may be stored temporarily in a dedicated space on his terminal. They will be readable only by their sender.
The consent given by the User is valid only for a period of time specific to each Cookie from the first deposit in the User’s terminal equipment, following the expression of consent by the User.
b. Refusal of Cookies
If the User refuses to save Cookies in his terminal or browser, or if he deletes those saved, the User is informed that his browsing and experience on the Site or the Application may be limited. This may also be the case when the APT-SUEZ Chair is unable to recognise, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by the terminal, the language and display settings or the country from which the terminal appears to be connected to the Internet. Where applicable, the APT-SUEZ Chair declines all liability for the consequences related to the degraded functioning of the Services resulting (i) from the User’s refusal to accept Cookies (ii) from the APT-SUEZ Chair’s inability to record or consult the Cookies necessary for their functioning due to the User’s choice.
c. Configuration of the navigation software
The User can configure his browser software so that Cookies are saved in the terminal or, on the contrary, that they are rejected, either systematically or according to their issuer. The User may also configure his browser software so that the acceptance or rejection of Cookies is offered to him from time to time, before a Cookie is likely to be stored on his device. In this case, the APT-SUEZ Chair cannot guarantee that the Cookies used on its Website will be recorded or rejected by this means. The configuration of each browser is different for the management of Cookies and the User’s choices. It is described in the browser’s help menu, which will make it possible to find out how to modify the User’s wishes with regard to Cookies:
– For the Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
– For Safari™ : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
– For Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en
– For Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/autoriser-bloquer-cookies-preferences-sites?redirectlocale=fr&redirectslug=Activer+et+d%C3%A9enable+the+cookies
– For Opera™ : https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
– For https://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy: Edge™
For all other browsers, please consult directly the Cookie management aids available on the Internet.
At any time, the User can change his wishes regarding Cookies.